bridal shower gowns
Treatment of new tattoo
1. 4 - 6 houers remove the gauze bandage! If it sticks to the tattoo use a little warm water, moisten the gauze and pull it off slowly.
2. Purchase a tube of 'A&D Ointment.' Apply a thin coat to the tattoo 3 to 5 times a day for the next 10 to 14 days. Do not use Neosporin, hand lotion, baby oil, creams or Vaseline! NOTE; Neosporin has been known to cause allergic reactions in a healing tattoo and petroleum jelly pulls the color from a tattoo....
3. Do not take a shower or bath today! Tomorrow when you shower or bathe, do not rub soap directly into your tattoo. When the tattoo gets wet pat it dry, do not rub it dry.
4. Do not use/soak in hot tubs, sit in steam rooms or swim in fresh, salt and chlorine water for 10 to 14 days.
5. Protect the tattoo from direct sunlight, sun lamps and tanning booths for 10 to 14 days. NOTE; The body perceives the new tattoo as a 2nd degree sunburn, if it is exposed to UV rays during the healing process you could receive a 3rd degree sun burn which may lead to skin cancer.
6. The new tattoo may form a light protective crust over the top of it, do not pick this layer, let it flake off on its own.
7. A healing tattoo may itch. Do not scratch it!
8. Do not wear tight clothing over your new tattoo while it is healing. NOTE; If you wear a bra and the tattoo is in a location where the bra may rub or press into it, either go without a bra during the healing process or keep it loose. Also, please do not wear panty hose for 10 to 14 days as the tattoo will bond with the nylon. bridal shower gowns
9. Of special note to those of you who spend a lot of time in the sun. Please wear a sun block over your tattoo to help preserve the color!
10. Infections are rare but in case you do not follow our care instructions and an infection occurs, pleaseconsult your physician immediately.
11. If you experience an allergic reaction to the ointment (which will appear as small pimples around the outside of the tattoo), we recommend discontinued use of the ointment and call us immediately. Some natural alternatives for the healing of your tattoo are 'Bag Balm', pure aloe vera gel and 'Golden Salve'.See More